MEDICAL FORENSIC EXAMINATION FOR ADOLESCENTS & ADULTS (18 YEARS AND ABOVE)
You may be wondering what a medical forensic examination is. We will briefly list what is included in your examination below.
There are different time frames for when evidence can be collected that we can explain to you. If after reading you have more questions, please don’t hesitate to call a forensic nurse at 260-423-2222.
- This examination will be at no cost to you
- At any point of the examination, you have the right to decline any portion of the examination
- The forensic nurse examiner will explain each step as she goes along
- A patient history including current and past medical information will be collected
- A head to toe physical assessment will be completed to look for any injuries
- If photography is agreed upon, the forensic nurse examiner will document injuries with photographs
- Evidence collection
- Assessment for and medication to prevent sexually transmitted infections
- Information and treatment for pregnancy prevention
- Referrals for any follow up medical treatment
- Referrals for other services needed biased on patient, including counseling options